I started my search a little differently since in the past I have struggle with the search of a relevant source. I grouped "nonprofit motivation" with and "volunteer" somehow in all my other searches I hadn't tried this and this time I found a huge number of sources that specifically related to my topic. After a quick search with the peer reviewed button checked I was able to find this reliable source that had been cited in many other journals and based on it's bibliography appeared to be well researched.
I learned a lot about how relationship building between the paid and volunteer workforce in nonprofits is essential to volunteer motivation. I also learned that I need to make sure my volunteers feel a sense of ownership and pride in the nonprofit. I was also surprised to find that if I don't give my volunteers enough responsibility they won't feel pride in their work as a volunteer.
Hi Cheryl,
ReplyDeleteGood research topic and progress. I think it's fair to say that many of us struggled the first couple of weeks with our research; things are finally coming together each week. It's good that you review articles that doesn't totally fit your subject, I also do that and find it helpful. I usually will flag it for future reference. I like how you modified your research and overcame some of your research struggles. I also like how you are putting everything you've researched into your daily life and acknowledging any changes that may need to be made with the volunteers you work with. Looking at your week three blog, your research has improved. You did exactly what you said you would do in week four; you kept a open mind and continued to review articles that were valuable to your research. I am glad that things are coming along for you, happy researching and keep up the good work. =)
Regards,
Yer Tapia