My
research topic is “Motivating a volunteer workforce” or “How to motivate a
volunteer workforce.” I discovered finding creditable sources is much harder
than I expected. I used Google first and although I received a lot of hits most
of the resources that appeared were not available to be viewed online. They
were academic journals which were perfect sources if I could have at least
viewed them. I did luck out and discovered one journal published on a college’s
page that worked perfectly for my topic.
My
other two sources I were from the college's library. I used Sage Knowledge
for my first and found this to be an easier search for information. My
second search was through EBSCO ebook collections and this one was time
consuming. I had to alter my search criteria multiple times in order to find
the information I was looking for. Patience was my friend on this site and I
discovered I had to use a more general search topic followed by another word to
narrow the search in order to discover the information I needed.
I was
able to get a lot of general information about my research topic. I didn't find
quite enough information to discover anything that would really help in the
creation of a research paper, but what I did find was direction. I was able
through reading these sources, discover an alternate means of getting
information on what motivates volunteers. I learned that many of the same
motivators paid employees have are the same as for volunteers. I think I will
be able to find more detailed information on the motivators of paid employees
and then I will be able to make the correlations between that and volunteer
employees as I continue to search for information and data on my research
topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment